Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Musical update

Prisha was asked to be a part of the singing group for our Republic day celebrations in our society.She had been practicing her singing with me and she was doing very well, taking all the corrections. She stood in front of everybody and started to sing with her group. Initially she looked a bit lost but when she looked up at me and I urged her to sing loudly, she gave her best shot. I was very thrilled about it.
Her 1st introduction to the music class was not too great. She went in happily but suddenly when asked to come behind the keyboard, she started to look a bit overwhelmed. A little egging, and she was crying and looked very upset and sat behind me. I was a bit pert up about it but then I knew the best bet would be to use-"sibling rivalry". I asked my son to play along and praised his playing the keyboard so well. Prisha then asked me to buy her a PINK color keyboard if she went to the class. I just got a call from the teacher and he said she has picked up the basic notes very well and now needs to just do it vocally too. I am so happy and really hope she picks it up fast. I was musically inclined as a kid and did stage too and always wanted my kids to do some too and I am keeping my fingers crossed.

3 comments:

  1. Prisha is doing really well! Is she going to get a pink keyboard? I hope so! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope she earns it!I would love to buy it for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. IF SHE CAN PLAY A KEYBOARD THAT WOULD B EXCELLENT.SHE IS A SMART KID, LITLE BIT OF ENCOURAGEMENT FROM TEACHER N U I M SURE SHE'LL B EAGER 2 LEARN IT.

    ReplyDelete