Monday, January 18, 2010

Ear molds

2 Years back I got Prisha's molds made and made sure I pressed in the soft dough [ if I may call it that] well into her ear canals as earlier they were not made properly. Now they needed to changed and so I was off to my audiologist to get them made. Impressions were made and Prisha really had things been stuffed into the ears and wailed a lot.I wanted to take a video of it so that I could post it on my you tube account for people to see.But hearing her cries, the mum in me forgot everything. The impressions were taken, bribe was paid [ she bought things she wanted , which she does after all doctors visits] and we waited for the molds to be ready. I was told I would be intimated when they are ready. I waited but no calls. And so I called and they said they were ready but could not inform as they couldn't find the receipt which had the number.Gosh, I was quite bugged, its so typical here.
I went and saw the molds looked different.Earlier, the molds had removable "U" shaped pipes which could be replaced when they got discolored.This time, the mold had a little L shape hard pipe where the long pipe that joins the hearing aids . This hard pipe does not go completely till the end of the mold, but has another illshaped extension till the inside of the mold. When I questioned them, I was rudely told that they were the experts and knew more than me.When I said I prefered the other kind of molds, I was not even entertained and was told I was still a hyper mum.Is it wrong to question something that is wrong. Trust is built on services provided sincerely. I was not allowed to complete my problems, disgusted I walked out. Prisha wore the aids and I was so excited as she was going to wear both aids after one full year. She wore the aids and the 1st reaction was-"mumma, it is so loud". I reduced the volume and she wore the aids for a few hours. The aid made lots of sounds the next few days. Her response was fantastic, she heard better and within 24 hours, the speech was better too. I was happy one one end and the other side, she was complaining of continuous feed back. there was no doubt that the mold in the left ear was not fitting well.I decided to call the audiologist and she was again very rude on the phone.She told me that if it was giving feedback that means she would need to shorten the mold's length and if that did not solve the problem, she would re-programme the aid. I said I did not want to do that.[The last time she spoilt her programme completely and we really suffered] She was again rude and said if I did not know something, I should not question her.I was asked to trust her , but with that rude behavior, past bitter experiences, how could I? I even told her that the old mold did not give any feedback inspite of being  2 years old, but I was not heard out. I was feeling so helpless. I have decided to use the old mold as of now, keep my patience and look for better mold in Germany when I go this summer.I hate to be made to feel like dirt. Is it because i go for therapy to Mrs. Hudlikar and Prisha is speaking well? Or is it that she has read my blog and guessed something from my mail? There is something definitely wrong.I for sure know that she does not like me and nor is she interested in my benefit.There are so many like me who suffer from the mal-practices. I am aware and so am on my guard all the time.Others don't know their rights and are not literate enough to question.I have lost the money i paid for the mold but I am sure I will find solutions after a bit of waiting. 

4 comments:

  1. How frustrating! You should not be criticized for asking questions. Mothers know their children the best, and can spot problems right away, because we are with the children all of the time. I certainly hope you get all the earmold problems resolved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This constant fight for your rights can be very frustrating.We cannot fight them as they know we are dependent on them for various things.I hope someday they would realize what wrong they are doing. They can earn the money but at least services should be provided with empathy so that we go to them with confidence and not with suspision.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How typical.Till the time you say yes-yes to them they r happy but the moment u ask question they think u r finding faults with them purposely.they dislike probing mom's.In our case v don't even hav anybody to compare notes,what ever they do hav to accept whether it is service or settings.well i hope u will find a way to this problem too.
    simran

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are about 2 different scenarios for mold remediation The first is the removing of the walls and carpeting and any other material that has mildew or black mold growth. This is done best by mold remediation professionals to properly do the work.

    New York Mold inspections

    ReplyDelete