Monday, May 2, 2016

Prisha's thoughts on the word "mean"


This morning Prisha tells me something that touches me. I have no answer to it. She says....."why are people mean mum? Why can't we all be nice to each other? I dislike the word mean. I wish this word did not exist ". Made me think how much she has matured in the last few months. The bullying and meanness around has made her stronger yes ,where she is learning to stand up and answer back for herself, yet the pure soul that she possesses still makes her question the right and the wrong.  I am glad she is growing up questioning the ways of life and is trying to find answers. I am happy she is learning that the world will always not be nice. She is seeing that people change, she notices the facades and then she also sees there are a few who melt our hearts and make the world better to live. In a world which isn't easy for normal people , it's important we help them grow independent since for people with disabilities the world is even a tougher place where empathy and understanding is rare. Have these REAL conversations with your child. Coz when the bubble bursts these kids will not be able to face the reality. #hearingloss #impairedbutempowered #deaf #deafness #cochlearimplants #hearingaids #speechtherapy

No comments:

Post a Comment